At EarlystART, we believe…
… in the nurturing strength and support of community.
…in the simple power of a kind word or gesture to lift someone up.
…that the more you give someone the confidence to believe they can, the more they will.
At EarlystART, we believe that families know best.
With education, support and encouragement, parents and caregivers can rise to the challenges of everyday life and do what’s best for their situation.
The Family & Community Engagement team at EarlystART works with a network of community partners to ensure families have access to helpful resources:
- Parent Education programs to mentor, teach, and support parents in their roles as caregivers and their child’s first teachers;
- Free health and safety awareness events;
- Arts and cultural enrichment performances and activities such as Alvin Ailey American Dance
- Theatre, the American Jazz Museum, the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, and others to share exposure to the arts;
- Kindergarten readiness events to prepare students and families for a successful transition to elementary education.
Families flourish when they are safe, healthy, and have opportunities for educational advancement and economic mobility. Supportive services such as quality early education, housing and food assistance, and physical and mental health care, positively contribute to the well-being of families and their children.
Our team of Family Advocates engage families as active participants in problem-solving and goal-setting so they can identify and use their own strengths to address the traumas or other challenges they face.
For information about family support or emergency needs for EarlystART families, please call 816-994-5400 and ask to speak with a Family Advocate.
For information about emergency assistance for community members, please dial 2-1-1 for the United Way 24-hour resource hotline or visit United Way 2-1-1 Online to search for resources.